'The Key To Eating Healthy
Everyone struggles with starting their weight loss journey and it’s hard to know what the right foods to eat are. Finding out which foods are actually healthy and work for you is the first step. Starting a healthy diet journey is a big change to your body and to your daily routine. Some people not only have a hard time eating healthy because they are addicted to sugar, but also they don't have the time and money to do it as well.
Start by taking baby steps, you don’t have to be so strict from the start but you can begin by minimizing how many calories you intake and replace it with healthy food choices which will help suppress your appetite for sugar. Your body will thank you down the road not only by giving you more energy but by improving your overall health as well.
Benefits to eating healthy
- Keeps your skin, teeth, eyes, hair, and nails healthy
- Boosts immunity
- Supports muscles
- Gives you energy throughout the day
- Strengthens bones etc.
- Protects from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
Not to mention, a healthy lifestyle will pay off when you stay consistent. Meal prepping and carrying healthy snacks is a way to stay persistent throughout the day. Be practical to your goals by committing to a plan that you know you will be able to carry out long term. Here are the top 10 healthiest foods to incorporate into your meals. Not only, but also importantly don't forget the key to a healthy lifestyle also depends on your water intake!
- Dark green vegetables (spinach, kale, broccoli, etc.)
- Whole grains (oats, quinoa, rice, etc.)
- Beans and lentils (chickpeas, black beans, legumes, etc.)
- Fish (salmon, tilapia, tuna, cod, halibut.)
- Berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
- Winter Squash (butternut squash, spaghetti squash, kabocha squash.)
- Soy (tofu, edamame, tempeh.)
- Flaxseed, nuts, and seeds
To start eating healthy you need to incorporate more fruits and vegetables which are vital to increase your vitamins, fiber and mineral intake. In addition to eating healthy you should limit your processed food intake such as fast food and deli meats, however aim for more home cooked foods and as result your body will thank you. Creating a weekly plan for what foods you are going to be consuming is the easiest way to help you get started and stay on track for your healthy eating habits. Additionally, if you are stuck not knowing where to start, take a look at Fitness Society 1-1 coaching link to help you calculate your macros so you can start planning the right servings!